Monday, September 21, 2009

Victorian Elegance





Saturday I went to the Northville's 20th Annual Victorian Art Festival. Some of my artist friends were there painting a model in Victorian dress at the Art House - Robert Perrish, Mary Step, Barbara Eko Murphy, Daria among others. After taking pictures of the model and chatting with everyone, I headed for town. Artists were painting there too, where many men and women were walking the town in period dress. Model A's and Model T's were on display. And a favorite of mine was a man on an old tyme bicycle that had a huge wheel in the front.

I took a ton of pictures, had a nice salad at Poole's and then headed off to the Lake Erie Metropark to take pictures of the birds of prey at the Hawk Festival.
And, as if that wasn't enough, I was only a stone's throw from Crafts 2000 in Monroe, my favorite deep discount store to purchase name brand artist grade paints and brushes.
It was a gorgeous fall day, sunny in the 70's. I covered alot of territory and enjoyed immensely! I hope to get some of my ideas from my photos onto canvas this winter.

1 comment:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Sounds like a great day, Lily!