Monday, May 25, 2009

Time Sure Does Fly When You're Having Fun!

I can't believe I let 2 months go by without posting. Spring brings lots of outdoor work and activities - something has to fall by the wayside I guess. Not so with my painting however. I went to Kensington to paint this past Saturday and I was very pleased with my completed painting. You will be able to see it shortly on the GLPAPA website in the gallery section or I may just put it in my new upcoming website. I have submitted 3 other pieces that will be listed in the Great Lakes Plein Air Painters site soon.

My goal for Saturday's painting entitled the Depth of Spring was to create with transparencies the depth I was seeing behind the new green leaves in the trees and in the receeding water. I was trying a new technique to achieve this effect and I was successful. The painting was completed in about 2 hours. The birds were singing, the geese with their flock of babies were resting around 15 feet from me while I was painting. The proud parents had a flock of 23 babies! I counted in disbelief. They must have adopted some! Amazing couple to handle all of those youngsters.

I have been researching where and how I want my new website and will announce it here when I get it up and going. I am devoting more time to marketing, however, to paint and sell paintings must remain my first objective. Most of my work is sold and I want to compile a new body of work. Many ideas are floating and screaming to get onto canvas.

Today is a special day to remember all of those who have served and given their lives so that we may have the freedoms we enjoy today!

No comments: