Sunday, August 16, 2009

You find collectors in unusual places...

The Kensington reinactment and encampment was such a fun gathering. Everyone was extremely authentic and informative, from the Native American Indians to the Colonial Women who followed the soldiers. The tents, the primitive utensils, the camp fires, and the yummy way they preserved the food was all a real treat. I could feel the hardship of the times doing everything from scratch.

It was soooo hot. I sat in the shade to do some sketching for some future painting ideas and drew some collectors. Both of my sketches were sold to people enjoying the encampment. I received many positive comments, passed out my business cards and educated the interested parties on what my process and thoughts were in creating my sketches. Maybe this added to their desire to acquire them.... a momento of their visit.

No comments: